Sony Reader Touch/Pocket vs. Kindle
Sony Reader Touch
Sony’s latest competition against the Kindle are the Sony Reader Touch and Sony Reader Pocket. Here’s a quick roundup of various reviews of these new products from around the net.
- Gizmodo – Glare ruins the Reader Touch, Pocket is short on features but cheap price.
- ZDNet – The Reader Touch works great, glare isn’t much of an issue.
- CNET – Reader Touch get 3 out of 5. Better to get Kindle at this price.
- CNET – Reader Pocket gets 3.5 out of 5. Good deal for the price.
- Financial Times – Touch screen more natural to use than Kindle controls, but misses wireless. Reviewer likes free Kindle iPhone app over Reader Pocket.
- Mobile Tech Review – Reader Touch has caught up with Amazon and may even get some Kindle defectors.
- iReaderReview – Reader Touch gets 7.75 out of 10. Doesn’t quite beat the Kindle but Sony is getting really close.
- iReaderReview – Reader Pocket vs. similarly priced Kindle 2 refurb. Pocket is better for basic reading, but Kindle 2 has better additional features.